Mould Spore removal and neutralising the toxic infestation
Mould removal is vital to your health and home. If you have a sneaky suspicion you have mould and mildew anywhere in your home don’t use bleach. More on that in a minute. Mould is a serious nuisance. It turns your lovely white walls into black, discoloured walls and shows up as black spots on furniture and fabrics. It is also bad for your health because the microscopic spores it releases cause mould allergy symptoms like sneezing, runny noses, chest breathing problems, as well as constant musty odours.
Normally the first signs of the infestation
About 1 in 3 properties in Southern Spain will suffer from mould infestations due to the humidity and warm climate conditions. Knowing how to kill mould is important.
So how about bleach. The active ingredient in household bleach is sodium hypochlorite, which is derived from salt. Meaning household bleach begins and ends as salt and water, leaving a high water content which feeds the mould. Salt also is a major problem in buildings which slowly eats into your walls. See "SALT ACIDS"
So bleach can actually contribute to your mould problem.
Even full strength bleach can only remove the surface black sticky substance that the spores produce. Mould grows with deep roots and on porous surfaces such as plaster, wood and fabrics, bleach can not eradicate the problem.
It must also be remembered that mould is a symptom of a problem, maybe humidity or damp, lateral, rising or leakage and this must be found and corrected to avoid the mould returning.
Mould out of control and rapidly spreading and will go on to infest the whole house if not stopped.
We undertake the removal of mould infestation from small areas to the whole house. It is undertaken using specialised sterilisation products and equipment.
We will also source the underlying problem, advise and correctly accordingly.
Firstly we need to see the problem firsthand so we can advise as to timescale and the undertaking.
If mould is caught early it maybe nothing more than a few hours undertaking and low cost, but the longer you leave it, the greater the task both in timescale and equipment used.
Book a survey now, it's free and without obligation.
Make contact on the form below to book a free survey.
If mould is left unchecked it can penetrate into the wall structure
Book a free survey today and take the first step to eradicate the problem
Myths and misguided opinions.
Over the years we have entered many homes to undertake surveys or rectification work regarding mould and very often surprised as to peoples ideas regarding what it is and how to get rid of it. We have written many articles on this subject but for the sake of good order we reproduce here an independent report from a published medical source.
What Is Mould?
Mould is a type of fungus that consists of small organisms found almost everywhere. They can be black, white, orange, green, or purple. Outdoors, mould plays an important role in nature, breaking down dead leaves, plants, and trees. Moulds thrive on moisture and reproduce by means of tiny, lightweight spores that travel through the air. You’re exposed to mould every day.
In small amounts, mould spores are usually harmless, but when they land on a damp spot in your home, they can start to grow. When mould is growing on a surface, spores can be released into the air where they can be easily inhaled. If you're sensitive to mould and inhale a large number of spores, you could experience health problems.
Where Does Mould Grow?
Your walls, floors, appliances, carpet, or furniture, they all provide the food mould needs to grow. But the thing all mould needs most is moisture, so you're most likely to see mould in damp places such as bathrooms, kitchens, laundry rooms, basements, and small spaces.
"Just open your windows." As you can see above, mould starts its life outdoors and becomes airborne. opening your windows allows the spores to enter your home where it may well take up residence, it does not commence in the home.
"Just wipe the mould away with bleach, it works every time" Mould settles in many areas, not just walls, the fact that you are having to continually repeat the process, tells you that the mould is still present in your home embedded in the fabrics and furniture.
"Mould is just part of living by the coast." It is true that living in coastal regions where the humidity is higher, increases the possibility of mould in your property. But that does not mean you have to live with it.
"Mould is not harmful to your health or home." Nothing could be further from the truth, mould can infect lunges, eyes and even skin and has been given a category 1 health warning, that the same as asbestos. There has been many successful cases brought against landlords, due to the medical evidence based on health issues from mould spores. Furthermore, in cases were mould infection has not been checked, fabrics and furniture from the property have had to be destroyed.
MOULD PROBLEMS COSTA DEL SOL. MOULD PROBLEMS MALAGA. MOULD PROBLEMS MARBELLA. DAMP PROBLEMS COSTA DEL SOL.